We are committed to doing our part in not only keeping you healthy but also the greater Portland community throughout these unprecedented times
At Beacon your health and fitness is our top priority.
Beacon’s COVID-19 Response
At Beacon your health and fitness is our top priority. In normal times, we want you to have as much of a fitness buffer for all life brings your way. We want you to be part of a community that holds each other up and is always there for you. In the midst of a global pandemic, this is all the more true.
We are committed to doing our part in not only keeping you healthy but also caring for the greater Portland community throughout these unprecedented times. To make this happen we are not simply meeting but have chosen to exceed the standards of Maine’s COVID-19 Prevention Checklist for Gyms and Exercise Facilities. You can see the State’s Checklist here.
Here is what Beacon is doing specifically in response to COVID-19:
- Masks (updated 5/24/21) are required at all times indoors at Beacon unless a member is fully vaccinated per the CDC’s definition. All members are required to sign a waiver that they agree to this masking policy prior to attending class.
- Ventilation (added 11/16) has been increased by keeping doors and windows open to bring in fresh air during classes.
- Industrial Air Scrubbers with HEPA filters rated to disinfect the indoor air every 20mins.
- Designate Workout Stations indoors with a minimum of 6 feet of separation from other members to workout in.
- Signage posted at all entrances and throughout Beacon informing members of our COVID procedures.
- Hand Sanitizer at the entrance and throughout the gym to promote frequent use as well as four bathrooms open for handwashing.
- Equipment Disinfection occurs after every use with a commercial product rated for COVID-19.
- Social Distance is maintained at all times indoors.
- Limit On Gathering Size is 15 members.
- Front Desk Staff has been hired to make check in and retail touchless while allowing us to maintain accurate records for contact tracing. As well as for screening members as they arrive for any symptoms on the Maine CDC’s required questions for attendance.
- Daily Screening for attendance is asked of all of our members.
If you can answer yes to any of the following questions please stay home and call your Primary Care Provider. If you do not have access to a PCP please reachout to us and we can connect you to resources for care.
- Have you traveled to a state NOT on Maine’s exemption list?
- Have you had a cough or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever or do you feel feverish?
- Do you have shortness of breath?
- Do you have loss of taste or smell?
- Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms within the past 14 days?
- Are you living with anyone who is sick or quarantined?
- Are you or is someone in your household waiting for COVID test results?